Tuesday, April 11, 2006


So much to say, so little time!

I want to blog every day. I have so many things to share about my little ones and so many topics I would love to discuss but the truth is RIGHT NOW, I HAVE NO TIME! Work is crazy busy and I seem to have so many after work commitments between PT, Drs. apts., kids stuff, NICU stuff, etc...I have been meaning to finish off a letter that I am working on for the boys 1 year birthday that I have not yet completed!

Last night I had a huge event at work that kept me until 8pm. Of course I rush home to see my fam only to find Mike feeding Kyle, Owen screaming (and I mean screaming) in bed and Janie needing to go to bed. So, 1 hour later, the house is quiet. All in bed, dishes done, bottles made, backpack packed and off to bed I am.

Bed has been an interesting topic lately. They boys typically go to bed without much fuss. (Except last night for Owen) The challenge is, Kyle has been waking up 1-2 times a night in need of a binky. Owen usually follows at around 4am. He however will not just go back to bed. He screams when I lay him back down. Normally, I would not have a problem with this but with twins, the last thing you need is both up in the middle of the night. So, Owen comes to sleep with us every night at 4am. It has been about 10 days that this is going on. I am starting to have a real problem with this because I do not want my kids sleeping with me! I love them dearly but first of all, there are 3 of them and it simply will not work. Secondly, I like my space when I am sleeping and my bed is for my husband and me (except for maybe some morning family gathering with a little cartoons or music)So what do I do to stop Owen from thinking that our bed is also his? I am afraid that the solution may be to set up the Pack-n-play some place in the house and let him cry it out! This does not sound fun at all. The Dr. seems to think that it may be due to the fact that he has 6 teeth coming in and molars not far behind! Time will tell...

We went for our 1yr. Dr. apt today. The boys had 3 more shots and a good examine. Owen is 21lbs, 3oz. and Kyle is 23lbs, 13oz. They checked out fine. They do both have to take a trip to the Pediatric Opthamologist (sp?) to have their eyes checked. The Dr. is a little fearful that they may have eye issues and since my sis had glasses at 3yrs., all the more reason. No worries here!

So, I am now that I have totally rambled on, all I really wanted to say was...Here is my crazy day-I get up this morning, get the kids ready, feed the babies, and get Janie off on the bus (sounds much easier than it was). I rush to make the boys Dr. apt in Ann Arbor. I have the nanny (Krissy) meet us there so that she can just drive the boys home after and I can call into my conference call. So all goes well and I get to work and start plugging away. Krissy calls me from her cell phone. I of course panic thinking that they must be in an accident. Wrong! When I left the house, I shut the gargage door and locked the front. She was locked out! Fortunately, my husband came to the rescue.

Is it Wed. yet?

Look at these cute dudes!

1 comment:

amanda said...

Oh, sleep. Sweet, elusive little bird. I love having Clementine in bed with us, but I totally get why it just isn't for most people (especially those with 3 kids!!). Hope things go better--4 am is just not my favorite time of day. But when it feels too crazy for you, just thank your lucky stars you're not up every hour like we were last night. I can't tell if it's teething or a little cold, but I'm dragging today.