Monday, April 02, 2007

Oh the Dream...




That is exactly what it was, a dream. I had the most amazing vacation to Mexico that I could have ever asked for. It was exactly what I wanted and more. Really I had just wanted to relax, enjoy my hubby, bask in the sun and eat good food. That all happened! We did do a few other things during our short 4 days! We enjoyed Isla Muejes, went snorkling, had a boat ride, checked out several beaches, ate some serious good grub in downtown Cancun, shopped a bit, road a lot of city busses and had a blast talking in Spanish.
I have made a list of things that I did not know about Cancun before I visited:

-You can go and not have to be part of the spring break partyfest
-Apparently if you are into the "bar scene", the more wrist bands you have, the cooler you are
-The city busses are cheap, take you anywhere on the main road, a good people watching tool and like a visit to Cedar Point!
-There is some seriously poor housing in Cancun but once you arrive back to the resorts, it is like being in an entire different world
-Real Mexican food is nothing like Chi chi's
-15sp sun screen is like wearing baby oil in MI
-Happy hour starts at 2pm
-Mexican's are so nice, friendly and hard working (I kind of already knew this) and therefore I offered about 5 jobs while I was there
-You can really use the Spanish that you learned in High School 15 years later
-Cancun airport is much more efficient than Detroit
-This is a place that I would definetly take my children

Also on this trip I discovered a few personal things -

-I love spending time with my husband
-I can have an adult conversation with my husband about something other than bills, kids and jobs
-I can read! I can read something other than childrens books
-I don't just sit around well. As much as I wanted to be lazy, if I was not reading or sleeping, I enjoyed being active.
-My kids were okay without us for 4 days
-I want to take a trip with Mike every year. Is this possible?

I feel refreshed with a bit of the blues. I love my life here. I love my kids. But...I LOVED THIS VACATION!




No comments: