Friday, January 12, 2007

Hesitation

I am scared to say this but we are finally all healthy! Janie went through a horrible round of strep last weekend. Truly I think this is the sickest that I have ever seen her. By Saturday morning, when I finally took her in to the Dr., I had to carry her to the car and into the Dr.s office. I was bad! So, except for a black eye that Kyle got today from a fall off the sofa (no pic yet), we are all well.

This weekend plays out to be very busy. Tomorrow is Janie's first real gymnastics meet followed by a holiday party for my NICU board. Sunday I am departing for Columbus to meet my new nephew. I can't wait to hang with the little dude and give my Sissy some relief. I am sure I will also look forward to coming back home to my insanely structured household!

My exciting news is that I have officially booked a trip to Cancun for my hubby and me. I know that I can write this because he never looks at my blog. He turns 40 at the end of this month and since he is not one to throw a party for, I decided to plan a trip. I decided this a year ago and started saving my pennies in June. I had planned a long weekend to Florida but wanted to avoid and spring breakers because my only goals are good food, wine, relaxation, sun and a reconnection with my hubby. We have not spent a night away since Janie was born. So, after a lot of research and convos with a travel agent, we have decided that Cancun is the best for our money (I should say I decided). I think I may have to get it to him earlier than his b-day because he still needs to get a passport! Anyway, we go in March and I can't wait!

I thought I would include a picture of Kyle here. He hurt his head several months ago and we used to say "does you head hurt?". Now he just grabs his head everytime he wants attention. The scary thing is, now he hurt his head again. Check out that after bath hair - gotta love it...

No comments: