Friday, January 05, 2007

Christmas

I haven't posted because I have been trying to get some better pics of our holiday. No such luck so far so I will just post what I have.

We had a great time! The boys enjoyed tearing paper and Janie loved her surprises. We traveled to my Sissy's house in Columbus on Christmas day to spend time with the rest of the family and prepare Sissy to give birth 5 days later. Yes, I am an Auntie for the first time! She gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, Joey, on 12/30 (just in time for the tax deduction). It has been really hard not seeing him or being there for this amazing thing I now have called a nephew! I will post a pic once I visit which will hopefully be in the next two weeks.

So back to Christmas - We ate a bit, drank a bit and played with kids. Of course the trip would not be complete without sickness. The boys both started with fevers on Christmas Eve and vomited a few times over next few days. That all seemed very minimal compared to my tragic moment with Owen. I was holding my little guy upstairs in a large room in my sister's house. It was just the boys, me, the TV and some good running space. Owen was at about 102 fever so he was cuddled up to me. Kyle started playing with a half full pop can. I proceeded to get up to put the pop can on the other side of the gate before it was a huge mess. As I leaned over the gate, with Owen in arms, the gate collasped. We fell forward and his head slammed between the step and me on the landing (the back cement side of the step). He hit hard! I know I cried longer than him but it felt as if I had just picked him up and threw him down the steps. It was awful. So here the kid is sick as can be and then his mom crushes his head. He seemed fine through the night. The next morning I was checking him out and noticed that his entire inner ear was black and blue. Of course I thought he was now bleeding from the brain! We left early that day and stopped at our Peds in Ann Arbor on the way home. He is fine, no broken bones, no bleeding and no head trauma. I however am still not quite over it.

The boys are now healthy although I am hesitant to say that since I came down with strep this week and will be taking Janie in to the Dr. in the a.m. becasue she is feeling awful and has been at 102 for two days! Oh sickness...







1 comment:

Billie said...

Eek! I had a similar, but not quite as tragic, incident with Eden on Friday morning. I went to step over the gate with her in my arms, tripped, the gate fell, and I slammed into the wall with Eden in my arms. Luckily I got my hand out just in time to keep her from taking the brunt of it, and I think she was more scared than actually hurt, but we both sat and cried for a few minutes. I think she was also worried about me as she kept putting her hand up to my cheek and making theses little ohhing sounds mixed in with her sobs and hiccups. Poor thing. I won't be doing that again!

Hope you are all feeling better soon!
Billie