Saturday, January 27, 2007

The day has come

Five days before my birthday Mike left his job. It was a crappy day, a crappy week, a crappy month. I chose to try and be a supportive wife, knowing that this too would end at some point. He had been unhappy for a while and I knew that ultimately, it would be a good thing once he found a new job. So a month later he started working at a really great restaurant. He learned some new things and really found his enthusiasm for food again. The problem was that he was basically working as a line cook and certainly not making enough money to pay the bills. Once he started I would often not see him for 5 days in a row since I was working days and he nights. Somehow, we have maintained. We didn't create and enormous amount of debt,our kids haven't suffered and we still love each other. What else can you ask for?

And so the interviews finally began. He has spent the last 3 weeks interviewing with 3 entirely different companies. The great news is...he recieved offers from all 3! Mike will start in a week at a Marriott property as the Executive Chef.

I have to believe that this whole journey happened the way it happened for a reason.
Five days before his birthday, the offer came...

1 comment:

amanda said...

Cool! I hate that I haven't seen you in so long. We have to catch up. I'm so glad for you all! I can't wait to hear which property...