Friday, August 25, 2006

Fevers, Allergies, Fevers

I had a phone conversation last week with a friend discussing how sick-free this summer had been for us. We haven't even had as much as a cold! Right...

Starting last Friday, Owen and Kyle both came down with fevers. No other symptoms, just fevers. They slept fine through the night, ate fine, demeanors were okay but the fevers continued. I kept expecting Roseola or hand, foot, mouth or vomiting but nothing. And then Sunday, the fevers were gone. Owen has been in a mood ever since this started. He throws himself down, arches and doesn't want anything or anybody. He is also getting 3 molars so who knows!

Then, Tuesday night Janie woke me at 1am and was feeling awful. I could tell she was burning up so I gave her Motrin, some water and took the temp. Well it read 105.5. So, either I have a misreading thermometer or I was too out of it myself. Anyway, I took the day off on Wed. to stay home and watch old Little House on the prairie episodes, eat soup and baby my little girl. Kind of fun since again her only symptoms were the fever and with meds, it was controllable.

Meanwhile, I let Kyle fall off of the bed and clobber his nose (see picture), I have some nasty allergies going on, and my husband has been working every night! But, all is well now.


My sister has her first ultra sound today and will find out about her baby, we are going to order a new kitchen floor today and we are taking the kids to Frankenmuth for the weekend to have a little family fun!

Until next time...

No comments: