Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Catching up

It seems that the time between my updates gets longer and longer. This time I have an excuse~I was off of work last week and it is not that I didn't have time but I have a super slow computer that is still on dial up. So, if I do get on line, it takes 20 minutes to look up the weather. I know we need a new computer and high speed but truly, I have access all day long at work so what is the need.

Anyway, our nanny had her long awaited baby girl on Wednesday and named her Alivia Lynn. She is just a peanut at 5lbs, 4oz and beautiful as can be. So, with her needing to be gone, I took vacation time. I stayed home with the kids. And when I say stayed home, I mean in the house. It was great quality time and we did get out for a bit of shopping and visiting but mostly we stayed home. The reason for this is that I can not handle these kids on my own in any place but the house. I tried to play outside and once Kyle discovered the street, it was all over. I met a girlfriend at the park and tried to keep track of which steps which child was climbing. It is truly crazy.

My week off meant a bit of catching up on sleep, a lot of projects left undone but fortunately some QT with the kids. I do feel that Janie always suffers. She always has to help mommy with the boys. I try to give her all of my down time. The second the twins go to sleep, I try to play catch or a game or watch her ride her bike. It is just hard finding the balance. Fortunately my mom and I were able to take her school shopping on Sun. (alone) and that was great!

The kids all started in a new childcare (well new to the boys but the same place Janie had gone before) yesterday. I will try to blog about that tomorrow but have to run now and pick them up!

Our regular routine ~mommy the jungle gym!

No comments: