Sunday, September 10, 2006

So much catching up

I haven't blogged in so long because my life seem like a whirlwind. Getting through the days and trying to balance work/home life seems more challenging than ever. Certainly I don't want to complain because life is good, just chaotic.

Let's back track...

We took the kids two weeks ago to the Bavarian Inn in Frankenmuth and had a ton of fun. It is such a perfect place to take the family. They have five swimming pools, a miniature golf indoors and the rest of the hotel is like Chucky Cheese. The pools were great~ 90 degrees and just right for the kids. We had a horrible night sleep with 5 in the room but it was worth it. I have to say that the chicken dinner the next day was not perfect. The food was good but the kids were not. For the first time ever, I had to leave the restaurant with the kids (K and O). Yikes!
It was fun meeting another set of twins with a very similar background to ours in the pool. They were born at our hospital 1 year earlier and had the same length of hospital stay. Crazy! Then we ran into a couple celebrating their anniversary. Really? Would you really go to the most kid friendly place I know for you anniversary? I would rather stay at home.

Last weekend (Labor Day) we just hung around home and did stuff with the kids and my mom. We went to the petting zoo at Kensington. It is so nice to get the boys out to run because it really does not happen that often. It always takes two people not taking their eyes off them. The boys really didn't care much about the animals but they loved running on the open ground.


Mike and I also went on a date last weekend. My mom was down for the night and suggested we go out. We made plans and actually went to a movie. I have not been to the movies in eight years. Now some of that is because I would often rather go out for a drink then go to a movie but we finally did it. It was crazy to sit in the movies, hold hands and realize how much I love spending time with the man I married. Something that I don't find time to think about often. We did manage to hit a local watering hole on the way home for a beverage.

The update on the kids...

Janie started first grade this past week. She now goes full days every day. She seems to be doing okay with it. She is a bit more tired and very sassy (that may be normal) but overall seems positive. It is just hard for me to believe that my little girl is now in 1st grade. This just teaches me once again to enjoy my kids every day because it goes soooo fast!

She is still very involved in gymnastics and now goes two nights a week for two hours each time. She is part of a pre-team group called Shooting Stars and will compete in seven meets this year. My girlfriend Theresa helps me so much in the running or we would not be able to do it. I wonder every day if this it too much of a commitment for a 6 year old. I just don't want her to miss out on other things.


Owen has been sick again. We got a call from school on Friday saying that he had spit up and had a 102 fever. Fortunately Mike was able to pick him up. He only vomited one time and had a fever until Saturday morning. I am not sure if it was just a virus or what. Now he is just really irritable and and whiny. He is continuing to break molars so that may have something to do with it. If he is not back to himself in a day or so, a trip to the Dr. may be in our future!

Kyle is good however he had a fever tonight. His spirits seemed to remain positive so we will see where it goes.

The boys are just such characters and tons of fun. The are very busy and have to be locked down (by gates) all the time or something will get destoyed or broken. It is awesome to watch them laugh at each other and play more and more together.


So along with Janie starting school, my job has been insane. We are now back to school at work also so there have been a ton of events. In addition, we have had several weddings and large outside groups in to keep me crazy. Our nanny comes back in two weeks so that will help with the running of the kids and trying to be home to get Janie off the bus every day. In the meantime, I will just continue to try to parent to the best of my ability and not get fired from my job!

No comments: