Sunday, May 20, 2007

Seasons End

Today was the last of this years gymnastics meets for Janie. Notice I say this years! Unlike other sports, we do not get a season off or the summer. She will continue to go all summer, 2-3 days a week for 3 hours a day. A lot for a 7 year old? Yes, and for a 7 year olds mom. I guess as long as she is still liking it, I will stay committed but my goal is to also introduce other, cheaper and less risky sports along the way. Really the outcome of gymnastics is scary. It is the highest injury sport, it is extremely expensive and the time commitment is crazy. It is however the coolest sport to watch if I do say so myself. Here are a couple of pics from today. I had trouble getting anything good because flashes are not allowed during competition.


2 comments:

Billie said...

She is just adorable. Doesn't that smile melt your heart? Seriously.

amanda said...

Maybe she'd like to take up snowboarding :). I'll take her this winter.