Monday, March 20, 2006

The reality is....

IT IS GOING TOO FAST! Every day I find myself wanting to stop time. As the boys 1 year mark is just 2 1/2 weeks away and Janie's 6th birthday at the beginnning of May, I find myself wanting to hold on to every second I have with these kiddies while they are young.

Last night we did our usual bedtime feed about 7:45pm. At this point we are exhausted and truly ready for a break from the kids. So, we feed them and then can not put them down. Kyle spends the next 30 minutes entertaining us with misc. objects hanging out of his mouth as he crawls around and "tries" to walk. He has many crash landings into the couch. (I really think he does it on purpose because it is fun to bang you head on the soft couch) Meanwhile, Owen just snuggles in and gives lots of loves while watching his brother put on his comedy act. Next thing you know it is 9:00pm and finally, we resort to putting the kids to rest.

Now, it is Janie time! I feel that so much of the evening is focused on the boys that we need to take time to do something with our big girl! So, it's a game of Trouble. 30 minutes later, Janie takes the championship. A very long book (I am so not a reader) and out like a light she is.

A great Sunday! Lots of quality time, no tifts with the hubby and amazing kids. The reality still is, I can not stop time and these moments won't last forever. I have decided to just enjoy all that I can for now and not dwell on the fact that "soon the kids will be gone off to college" or as I hear from someone everyday "they grow up so fast" or "enjoy it now, mine don't want anything to do with me". I AM ENJOYING IT NOW!

Happy Monday!

No comments: