Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Walk for Babies


Okay, I think it is time to start begging. If you see me on the street corner with my empty cup tomorrow, it is because I have not yet reached my goal for the March of Dimes Walk. In fact, I am not even close! $420 more to go to be exact.

Making the decision to fundraise this year was a hard one. Janie has a gymnastics meet next weekend that we are committed to and not knowing what day it would land on, I did not know if we would be able to walk. The more I thought about it, I realized that it didn't really matter. What the March of Dimes has done for so many premature babies is incredible. Knowing that my children and so many others are alive because of the research and funding that they have provided is so admirable. So, as it ends up, we found out today that Janie's meet in Kalamazoo next weekend is on Sunday morning, go figure! The good news is that there are two other walks in our area on Saturday that we plan to participate in (of course they are double the length).

My friend brought up this point the other day ~please consider not stopping for your Starbucks or Sausage McMuffin for one day and donate the $5 to March of Dimes. Please! For a good cause, for these miracle children, for my boys? Thank you!

2006


2007


2008

No comments: