Wednesday, May 07, 2008

The Cast is off!

The cutting of the cast

Owen did get his cast off Monday and he is now the lightest thing I have ever lifted. He did well and the Dr. was happy with the progress. Of course in the X-ray, I still think the leg looks broken! Here is the outlook - he will start to move around quite a bit in a week or so. He should be walking well and living "typical" in about a month. He will walk with a limp for about 3-4 months. For now, he is pretty slow going. It is kind of similar to when we brought him home with the cast. He is sitting now and actually army crawled about 3 feet today. He is super cautious and has to gain a lot of trust in himself and his leg. No folks, he is not walking, yet! Honestly, if one more person asks me "is he running around yet", I think I may lose it! I know, it is a valid question but since he is soooo far from walking, I guess it frustrates me. I mean he broke the biggest bone in the body. If an adult did this, they would be hospitalized for 1-2 months and down for 6months. I think we are doing really well! Okay, off my soapbox!

Did I mention that he has bathed and is super clean now? His skin looks awesome and almost back to normal. He is not in pain! To top it off, he gave up the pacifier last night after we lost it at Janie's softball game. Life is good!

NO CAST!

No comments: