Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Potty Training 101

The question is - do I really want to do this? I know it is not about me or convenience, but really? After playing for a bit at the park this afternoon, I watched what looked like a 3 year girl pull her pants and underwear off at the foot of the slide and stick it out like she was a boy aiming for Cheerios. Really, she stood right there and peed all over her clothes. Then she took her shoes off, emptied them out and continued to play. When the mother realized what had just happened (because my kids were shouting oooh, pee, pee mama!), she was devastated. All that would come out of my mouth was "It happens to the best of us. Look at it this way, you don't have to run home to go to the bathroom" Not sure if that was good or not.

Kyle is doing pretty well with potty training. He went in his pull-up three times today and once was during his nap. He occasionally asks to go but will most often go if you ask him. He thinks it is so cool to watch himself and I think he is so cute in his training pants. Of course Owen, who has zero interest in the potty, must where the training pants, also but over his diaper!

1 comment:

Billie said...

Hey, at least you bought the training pants. I haven't even gotten that brave yet! It's all about me.