Saturday, May 26, 2007

What I Learned this week about 2 year olds

I feel like every week I learn a few more things about kids or parenting. I am however always learning something new about 2 year old twin boys. Here are a few things from this week.

1. Don't try to put one twin boy in jammies with balls on them unless you have a second pair of jammies with balls also.

2. They have no problem seeing how their hand fits in the others' "crack" while in the bath.

3. The word "share" really means "I want what you have and I am not giving it back"

4. If you think they are ready to begin potty training, maybe they are?

Janie was potty trained easily in one day (except for nights) at 2 years and 4mths. I was not ready but someone told me I better run with it if she is showing signs. Both Kyle and Owen say "Poooopoooo" in a stressful voice everytime the duty calls. So tonight I brought up the little potty. As bath time started I stripped Kyle down, sat him on the potty and told him to go pee pee. And, he did. Just like that. Owen, not so much. But really, could this be time? I am not used to this whole tallywacker thing that boys have or how it works. I have always heard that boys take longer but who knows. Here is Kyle on the pot enjoying the parts that he finds down there.

No comments: