Monday, May 28, 2007

Living like the other half live

And I am not talking about the rich! I am talking about those parents who work normal hours, have weekends off with the family and are able to share activities TOGETHER!

This was not a normal weekend for us. Mike usually gets one day off a week and works until 8-9p most nights. This weekend he worked until 2pm on Sat and had Sun and Mon off. Amazing! We planted flowers, we did yard work, we cleaned, we went to the park, we had a picnic, we (I should say Janie and Mike) went put-putting, we had dinner together three nights in a row, and I grocery shopped alone! Doesn't the song go something like..."Please don't let this feeling end.." When I say it was great, I mean it was great! I guess it is a good beginning into my sleepless- chaotic-work-missing-my-kids-next-4-weeks!




No comments: