Friday, December 15, 2006

Same Ole Kid



I am a bit frustrated after just writing a long entry, I lost the entire thing. Anyway, I have a few more minutes so here are the Cliff notes...

Kyle had inguinal hernia surgery on Monday. They asked us to arrive 1 hour early, dress him in loose clothing and bring his favorite blanket or toy. Well, we didn't take Owen and that is his favorite toy so who knew what the outcome would be!

We met with a team of Dr.s and nurses and then they took our little one away to be "put under". After spending 30 minutes talking to the surgical nurse, the Dr. came out and we were called into recovery. Everything went great! The Dr. even said that his reproductive system all looks good. Grand kids, here we come!

Anyway, recovery was a bit hard. He cried a lot which I guess is normal. We got him home and after a bit of lying aroung, we put him down for a nap. Three hours later we went up to get him and only to find him diaper and pantless. He hasn't missed a beat since. He eats like a champ, sleeps like a champ and I am constantly having to stop him from jumping off the couch!

Once again, I am very blessed with the amazing Dr.s and nurses that we have. I talked to the surgical nurse yesterday and she told me that she has the best and easiest job ever because of the great kids. Amazing, just amazing...

No comments: