Tuesday, April 04, 2006

It's only Tuesday?

For some reason I am extra tired this week. Maybe it is because the kids spent the entire week last week being sick and up several times a night. Maybe it is that I work too hard at work and home. Maybe it is that I can not adjust to the whole time change thing and I need more beauty sleep. Or, could it be the my lovely children GAVE ME THEIR COLD! Anyway, I feel so tired so I am just going to get through the week.

I did get a call from the nurse at my Dr.'s office yesterday to report that my MRI showed that I have a large herniation in my spine. Large vs. small? Does that mean more pain? Are my discs just large? Who knows! I am supposed to begin steroid injections in my spine which I think is for the pain. I am also supposed to go see a Nero (sp?) surgeon. Right...My thought is to live with the pain, become great friends with Vicatin and hope that I don't lose more function in my leg. Truly, surgery is just not an option right now. First of all I don't have someone who can just move in for 6 weeks to parent my children. Secondly, I am not will to give up this time with my kids now and not be able to pick them up. What a pain in the back! Haha!

Enough about me. The kids rock. Fortunately they are feeling a bit better and playing a more independently. I am almost ready to declare Kyle as walking. Owen has also picked up the pace with his speed crawling and has no problem following his brother along.

I am not sure if it is normal for Fraternal twins to not interact a lot at this age. I know that studies show that twins have their own communication and special bond. Not mine! Up until this point, the only communication they have is when Kyle crawls on Owen or takes his binky away or a toy or just simply irritates him. Owen screams. He does not want to be touched or even looked at by his brother for that matter. I think they were even hitting each other the other day. On Sunday we had a breaking moment. Kyle was in his saucer and Owen on the floor. Owen was flaring his arms (a very common thing for him) in excitement (probably due to the fact that he was free and his brother was tied down in the saucer) and Kyle just sat staring at him, giggling away. It lasted for about 3 minutes and was absolutely hilarious. I so hope they continue to have some positive connections!

My observations this far:

Owen is a sweet baby with a temper. He snuggles all the time but don't piss him off or he will scream bloody murder, hit and potentially hurt you. He has not moved as fast as Kyle but can clap, wave and eat with his two fingers.

Kyle is a very active sneaky character. He often goes in locations that he know he is not allowed (stairs, fire place, behind the couch). Every time you take off his diaper, he immediately reaches for his pointer (my preferred word over penis). He says mama and dada and will sing or give raspberries on demand. He does not clap, wave or each with anything but his entire hand.

My fear...they will pick up the more challenging traits that the other currently carries. Nevertheless, it is fun having them be totally different.

Janie continues to be awesome. She is growing up so fast and her sudden independence scares me. I just want her to always need me despite the fact that it can get annoying when at almost 6yrs. she still calls me to wipe her bottom after #2.

I guess I felt like babbling today!

1 comment:

amanda said...

It's so cool how you've gotten to know them as individuals and not just a unit. Such cuties!