Thursday, April 27, 2006

Doctors and more Doctors

It seems that all we have done for the past month is go and see the Dr. I am not talking about myself and the intense back problems that I have highly neglected and cancelled every appointment and physical therapy session for. I am talking about the twins!

After listening to wheezing from both Owen and Kyle now for over a month, giving multiple steroids, antibiotics and hundreds of breathing treatments, they think that Kyle does not have asthma. He has not responded to any of it. So, after revisiting the pediatrician yesterday, they set up an urgent apt. with the polmonologist. We went and visited him and he has decided that Kyle with have two procedures done. As soon as they can get us in he will have a barium treatment (maybe similar to an upper GI). They will watch the barium go done and make sure that he is not having a reflex problem that is putting stuff into his lung. Secondly, we will be having a little surgical procedure done called a bronchoscopy. They are going to go into his airway with a camera to make sure everything is clear and free of blockage and foreign objects. Yes, this requires him going under. A bit scary but I just want to figure out what is going on.

Owen is doing a bit better. They are pretty convinced that his problem is different and probably asthma. We will continue to treat that way.

Did I mention that my back is killing me today?

No comments: