Friday, March 31, 2006

It has been so long...

It seems that we have so much going on that I never have time to blog! What was supposed to be a couple of slow weeks a work (the only location I blog from), has turned into a busy frustrating time. Needless to say, my "special projects" at work and at home have not happened.

Kyle and Owen have now been sick for a week. They have that stuffy nose, cough, can't-sleep-so-you-can-rest-medicine. Oh no, not the medicine, just the stuff. The problem is that everytime Owen gets a cold, he begins the wheeze (sp?). This of course leads us to the Dr. So, the classic - no antibiotics, just a virus that has to run it's course. For Owen however, this means breathing treatments every four hours and steroids. After we get though all of the gunk, he will begin a daily inhaled steroid, indefinitely. The Dr. is predicting 1-2 years. Supposedly this will help to strengthen his lungs and prevent future severe asthma. So yes, they think he has asthma. Somehow since the boys have been born, Owen seems to get everything and somehow Kyle is the escapee!

Just to top off this really fun virus, the boys are both getting 4 teeth. Yes, that is 4 each. Owen has broken his top two teeth and they look like they could eat through a tree trunk they are so big.

So...Tylenol, sleepless night and whining babies sums up my daily routine right now. Fortunately Janie has been an angel. She loves being able to get outside, is suddenly obsessed with reading, and helps out as much as possible. I feel so lucky to have an older daughter that is capable of helping. My goal continues to be not to take advantage of that and treat her as if she is older than she is. I can hear her saying 25 years from now - "It won't be a problem being a parent because I raised my twin brothers" Not gonna happen!

We are also planning for the boys little first birthday party this weekend. I say little because it will just be family and one close friend. I say planning because I have not done a damn thing for it yet but buy a cake mold. Mike is going to make these little bear cakes for the boys so they can just go at it and don't have to share. Other than that, I have not grocery shopped, I have not bought any gifts, and I have not cleaned. Truly, what do you need for a 1st birthday. They could get diapers with a bow and be happy about it. Well maybe not right now as they don't seem to be happy about much.

As we were woken up at 4:30am to the crabby babies this morning, Mike turned to me and said "I think this is the hardest that it has been so far" Meaning that the boys are tired, we are tired, the boys are not eating well, we can't get anything done and it just does not seem like chaotic bliss right now! As always we are so blessed and will make it through this too!

No comments: