Monday, March 13, 2006

I will try to get better... I spend more time reading everyone elses blogs instead of writing in my own. Another week has passed and finally I am here with another entry. So here I go with the family updates~

I had a great Friday night with the kiddies followed by a few glasses of wine alone and some Michigan State basketball. Does it get better? It would get better if my kids would sleep past 6:30am. I may sound selfish as I know many others who are having much bigger challenges getting sleep than me but when the weekend comes around, I want 8 hours of sleep damnit! And, I want to do so without going to bed as soon as the sun goes down. I get up at 4:30a everyday so 7am sound fair on the weekend doesn't it? After all, I spent the first 4 months up every night, every feed, 7 dys a week. Like I said, I must not complain because the babies do go to bed at 8pm and sleep through (most of the time) but I just figured since Janie slept 8a-8p at 6mths, then why can't the twins...Enough on this soap box (I know my friend Amanda, who is also my only reader, is cussing my name right now)

Sat. was great! Janie and I ran off the the Michigan gymnastics meet on Sat. night and watched some amazing gymnastics. They competed against Georgia who is ranked #1 in the country (U of M is #4) Michigan lost but it was still awesome. Georgia has an olympian who is just unbelievable. We had Janie's two little friends come back and stay the night. They had fun and I realized that 5 children could be draining eventually!

Yesteday I spent two hours meeting with my new found love. This new found love is the NICU family advisory board at the hospital. We are a fairly new organization so we have a lot to do but our goal is to essentially help families who have children in the NICU. It is truly the volunteer angle that I need in my life! If I could make a career of it, I would drop it all in a heart beat! We struggle to get any work done because we have so much to talk about. Everyone's story is so different and interesting to me. Our chairman had triplets at 24 weeks and one lived. It sure makes my 18 days with kids hooked up to tubes and monitors very minimal. We have so much to do I want to be a part of it all!

A few new things ~ Owen is now crawling! Well I say crawling but what I really mean is heaving. He is also breaking his first upper tooth! Kyle took 2 steps about 10 times this weekend. He usually crashes on the 3rd step. He also managed to climb out of his saucer. Don't ask how because I don't know how. I was putting groceries away in the other room, thinking that he was safe and sound. He somehow climbed out, siletly nevertheless. All is good!

No comments: