Thursday, January 01, 2009

A Merry Christmas


I spent the pre-holidays constantly telling myself to enjoy and watch as my children experienced the magic of Christmas. I tried to really enjoy wrapping gifts and shopping for them. I tried to think of the people that I was addressing my Christmas cards to. Overall, I think it was successful. To say that Christmas gives me that tingling excitement that I once remember as child would be false. I can however say that I fully enjoyed it!

We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas morning at our house following a few family traditions including Kreploc soup for dinner (a soup from my Jewish roots, go figure), going to Church (which included giving the boys gum for the 1st time out of desperation) and reading The Night Before Christmas before bed. The kids were ready to role Christmas morning before 7am (which was early considering that we were still putting trains together at 1am). They are still unsure which toy to play with and if their new favorite thing, Iron Man and Superman costumes should ever come off. We are unsure how to keep the mess cleaned up!


We had a great time at my sister's in Columbus with 5 kids 3 years and under. Great food and wine were of plenty!



Here's to the holidays with young kids and family!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Happy New Year friend! Love to your bunch!