Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Big Stuff

I know I still owe a New Years update but in the mean time can I have a drum roll please....the 3 3/4 year old Mitchell boys are now sleeping in BIG BEDS! Yes, after a very successful 3 3/4 years of cribs and then cribs with crib nets, we have finally made the big leap. I still ask myself why? They were happy in their cribs, they couldn't get out, they weren't too big... I think it is my fear that they will be 6 years old and not able to attend a sleepover because they want to sleep in their cribs! Nevertheless, it is done. The room was not big enough to have the beds both on the ground so we had to set them up as bunks. Owen has decided to take the top (thank God someone wanted it) and Kyle feels best on the bottom.


The other news is that we are completely binky free. I may have mentioned that Kyle lost his last binky about a month ago. Fortunately, they do not make these binkies anymore so there was not an option to buy more. When he lost it, we were done. He had a couple of sad nights but overall it has been a smooth month.

Guess what? He found the binky on Sunday! It was hiding in a Christmas decoration box. At first he ran and hid under his bed. I told him that he could cut it with Mommy and Daddy's scissors. He told me "I'm not cutting it" Minutes later I ask him how it tasted. He said "fuzzy, I want to cut it". And so he did!


Bye, bye babies! Hello young boys!

2 comments:

Kate said...

WOW! No more cribs! YAY! and no more binky's!! UM....whatcha doing with those crib nets? Im heading down that path with Cayden. It must be a boy thing!

Greta Myers said...

Hey, congrats...binkies, that is the battle for us as well..see ya next week.:)