Saturday, March 15, 2008

Spring is almost here!



Fortunately we have finally had some time outside in the past few days! The kids are now asking as soon as they get up if we can go outside(a bit overkill). On Friday we built castles with the remaining little snow, we rode bikes and we puddle jumped. Yes, puddle jumped! Certainly my mother would have never allowed this and my inital thought was "don't get in the water". Then it came to me - I could be a cool mom today and really let the kids roll with this. They had their boots on and baths were in the near future so why not? I had a serious conversation with them first, explaining that this is not something that we do everytime we are outside. As if they were really listening. So the 15 minutes of puddle jumping was incredible and well worth the extra load of laundry!



1 comment:

Shannon said...

The last picture is killer! I can't wait to post our puddle picks. We did the same thing last week and it was great. Out of the puddle into the tub and by a stroke of luck the puddle was dry the next day. Whew!

Thinking of you!