Wednesday, January 30, 2008

In the dark and cold


It is really great having a babysitter come to your house daily except when you can't be at your house. I woke up several times last night thinking that I was in a trailer that was going to blow away. I actually woke up once and thought "I'm surprised that the power has not gone out". I woke up again and it had gone out! By the way, I am not a fan of cold, dark and silent houses! I spent the next several hours thinking about what I was going to do with the kids and how I was going to get to work. Fortunately, it all worked. Krissy, our babysitter, was amazing and came and picked up the boys and took them back to her house for the day. My dear friend Theresa was ready to take us in for the night tonight but instead, the power came back on. Theresa stopped by the house today and it was back on!

We have not lost power since the boys were 2mths old. This was a really crazy time because I had stopped breast feeding and was wheening off of the pump. The boys did one middle of the night feeding and their bottles had to be warm. We were so SOL when they woke up. Some how by the grace of God, the boys latched on again (after a month off the boob) and it was a good thing because I was going to explode! Funny to me now.

I got home from work early today, took a shower in peace, started laundry and dinner all before Krissy dropped the boys off! That was pleasant and very necessary since I did not shower today.

So I have definitely realized that I LOVE ELECTRICITY!

No comments: