Friday, October 27, 2006

Have I told you about my Brother?


It seems so often that we are so busy and caught up in our daily routines with jobs, children, spouses and nameless other things. My brother is no exception to this. He is in a very demanding political career, commutes daily 70 miles each way to work, and has endless evening meetings and events. And oh ya, he also has a wife at home that he occasionally sees. Despite his crazy busy life (just wait until he has kids), he never and I mean never (unless something major is happening) says no to helping me out when I need it. I can't tell you how many times I have been in a pinch having to work with no one to watch the kids. He has absolutely no problem with it. He will change diapers, he will play and play and love and play. All I have to do is feed him and he likes Hamburger Helper.

When I got caught at the Dr.'s office and was told I needed to go and deliver the boys, I called him and he went and picked up my daughter from school and took care of her all night. Just this last week I had concert tickets and Mike had to work. It was one of the few days that John got to work out of his house in Lansing. So what did he do? He drove down to Detroit to watch my kids so that I could go to the concert. And, did so willingly.

Anyway, it is so nice to have someone in your life like my brother. I can count on him. I can ask without guilt or compensation. I trust him as much as I trust anyone to care for my children. For this, I am grateful!

The only thing he doesn't do...pick up! Love you bro!

No comments: