Monday, May 08, 2006

It's a 6th B-day Party!



For some reason I dread the planning of Janie's b-day party every year. I am not sure if it is because it is a really busy time for me at work, I am not creative or energetic enough to put on the whole hoopla myself with games prizes and a cheerful disposition, or maybe I just procrastinate so long that it always feels like a chore! Nevertheless, it always works out. I have decided that any party not at my house is a great thing. Since Janie is absolutely obsessed with gymnastics, we had a gymnastics party. It was perfect! A few friends, cake and ice cream, paid-for entertainment and no mess! Oh, and I think she enjoyed it also.

The sad and scary part...my baby is 6 years old. Yes, 6! That means that she can now talk back, give opinions, try to boss me around and of course she becomes less and less dependent on me every day.:( It also means that she can help around the house, engage in some great conversations, and do a lot or fun mommy-daughter things.

Here are a few pics of our event yesterday.

No comments: