Friday, July 17, 2009

Texas Family Reunion


Two years ago, my amazing Uncle Bob (my deceased Aunt Janes' husband) decided that our family (Dad's side) does not see each other enough and he wanted to do a trip so that we could all be together. So, he started the planning of a trip to a Lost Pines Hyatt Resort in Austin, Texas. During the initial planning, I thought it would never get here. I mean really, 2 years out? Anyway, last weekend 38 first and second cousins, along with the parents that are still alive, flew to Austin for the most amazing weekend. It was so fantastic to reconnect with and see some of my favorite people. The kids are at the perfect age to enjoy a place like this. They played in the water while I was able to have great conversations with family. The kicker, my uncle paid for the entire trip! There is no way we would be able to go on a vacation like this so it was a huge treat! The double kicker, he said we are going to do it in another two years. Yeah! And cheers to the best family ever. I am so blessed.

The boys with my cousin Kamp son Jake


Janie dancing with Uncle Bob


My beautiful niece, Allison


Did I mention that the resort was on the Colorado River?
The entire gang!

No comments: