Monday, April 27, 2009

March of Dimes Winner or Loser?


The following is a list, in chronological order, of our March of Dimes path this year:

1. Debated whether to fundraise again this year knowing that Janie's gymnastics meet could fall on the same day as the walk. Also, many family and friends were going to be out of town that usually walk with us.

2. Decided that March of Dimes means a lot to me and because of MOD, many of my friends' children are alive. I will commit to fundraise!

3. Set fundraising goal - a hefty $1000 (I have made it past there for the past 3 years)

4. Sent out numerous (maybe received as annoying) e-mails begging for money. Donations were more of a struggle then in previous years, rightfully so!

5. Janie's gym received confirmation on her meet day - 8am on Sunday. We will miss the walk.

6. Decided after raising $1000+ that I would find a walk to walk in on Saturday.

7. Despite wanting to walk with my cool friend Billie, I found a walk at Kensington (literally 3 miles away) as opposed to 45 minutes away.

8. Friday night, OK Twins Team hits $1058- thanks to amazing friends and family!

9. Begin making team shirts at 11:30pm on Friday night after 10 year Anniversary dinner with hubby.

10. Wake up Saturday morning and eat a big breakfast prior to leaving for the "big walk".

11. 9:30am Saturday morning we arrived at the park to begin the walk. We ask for the location of the start and were told that Saturday was set up day, Sunday was the actual day of the walk.

12. Shed a few tears while missing a really fun time with some dear friends who totally understand "this cause".

13. Walked around the park in our lime green t-shirts as people looked and asked "did you just walk in a walk?"

14. Went for ice cream!

I am almost over it! I guess there is always next year. A huge thank you to all who donate!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

What a bummer! Great job raising over $1000!!! I thought of you Sunday when we passed 3 OK Twins signs at Hudson Mills :)

Anonymous said...

What a bummer! Great job raising over $1000!!! I thought of you Sunday when we passed 3 OK Twins signs at Hudson Mills :)